Getting To Know About Holistic Therapy
Overcoming a drug addiction can be challenging. However, by making healthy changes to the lifestyle which can complement conventional methods of treatment people can indeed beat the addiction with holistic therapies.
The known techniques of overcoming addiction can be used to with holistic therapy which does not involve the use of medicine. The holistic therapy seeks to bring the whole being spirit, mind and body to function well together.
Nutrition, meditation and exercise are some of the methods utilized in rehabilitation centres that also provide holistic therapies.
Holistic therapy addresses the whole being of the patient including the physical, emotional and mental withdrawal symptoms.
Holistic Therapies May Include The Following
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual therapy
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Holistic Therapy For The Treatment Of Addictions
The methods used for addiction recovery feature holistic therapy programs, which are personalised and non-medical. The objective of the therapy is to have holistic therapists treat the physical and the symptoms of mental addiction along with any emotional and nutritional imbalances, which may be present.
Sleeplessness, inadequate nutrition, and mental fatigue are among issues that holistic therapy can address in a patient. Holistic schemes are adaptable to the individual requirements.
Holistic therapy usually aims to
- Discovering the cause of the addiction
- Help the recovering user to better deal with their cravings
- Promoting physical fitness
- Give the patient their self-confidence back
- Make the use of drugs and alcohol less attractive to the user
Examples Of Holistic Therapies Used To Treat Addiction
Methods of holistic medicine address various spheres of well-being, from physical to spiritual.
Some of the main therapies include
- Nutritional Therapy
- Successful recovery is much easier if a person has a healthy body.
- Embarking on a healthy diet helps the addicted patient start on the recovery journey.
- It is not too late to start taking a good nutrition.
- Exercise And Recreational Therapy
- When exercises are done every day, they help harden to labour, decrease tension and make the body more powerful.
- In holistic therapy, this is one of the main practices that should never be avoided.
- There are various activities depending on the centre and some include activities such as hiking, canoeing, climbing and riding horses.
- A clear mind is essential for recovering addicts who are looking forward to overcoming their addiction.
- Many holistic rehab programs feature guided meditation.
- Some meditation practices offered include yoga and tai chi to aid in remaining focused and clearing the mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- A massage is a great tool in helping one relax and relieve stress.
- Acupuncture is another method that is used to restore any imbalances to the body of an addict after an extended period of substance abuse.
The combination of the known addiction recovery techniques with holistic therapy is usually 100% effective in treatment of any kind of addiction. Quitting alcohol and other central nervous system (CNS) depressants can produce severe withdrawal symptoms that need professional medical supervision.
Holistic therapy may be used at the same time as
- Medically supervised detox
- All-inclusive medical treatment
- Personalised mental health counselling
AA, NA and other 12 step group programs are usually available too to provide lasting support.
Finding Holistic Therapy Facilities For Addiction Treatment
Holistic treatment is featured in many residential and outpatient treatment centres. The holistic medicine principle of reaching harmony among all parts of a person's life well suits various addiction therapies. Yoga and meditation is well compatible with psychotherapy in giving patients practical knowledge about the ways to control psychological pressure. You na resist the urge to use the drugs when you learn how to control your feelings in a positive way.
All types of drug and alcohol addictions can be overcome by using the different techniques. Treatment centres for holistic therapy are available throughout the country and are putting together recovery plans, which are tailored to suit individual needs.
Contact us on 0800 246 1509 today to help you locate a treatment facility near you providing holistic therapy.