Defining Experimential Therapy
The typical way of therapy is not good for every drug users, some of them don't like it. In experimential therapy, addiction treatment is done in various locations including outdoors, in art studios etc.
Experimential therapies have a hands-on approach and utilise a number of engaging activities, which can help recovering addicts to process and cope with past trauma.
Commonly within a traditional setting of counselling it has been noticed that some addicts are not comfortable in having a discussion with therapists. Experimential therapies put recuperating addicts in situations where they feel great, for example, the outside or in a workmanship or music studio.
Exploratory treatment utilises open minded therapy environments to aid users deal with suppressed sentiments and reactions.
Some of the Common Experimential Therapies Include the Following
- Rock climbing
- Rope courses
- Therapy via music
- Wilderness therapy
- Game therapy
- Adventure therapy
Experimential therapy is intended to help those in recuperation build up a more grounded feeling of self by grappling with covered feelings and past injuries. Offering a different method to confront these emotions than taking drugs is the purpose of experimential therapy.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Helping Addiction With The Use Of Experimential Therapy
Proceedings that are physically taxing such as mountain climbing and trekking aid to encourage real life troubles for recuperating users to defeat. Experimential therapy can instruct recouping addicts how to adapt to ordinary stressors like desires and substance mishandle triggers.
The disturbances that trigger the addictions are also treated by experimential therapy. It is essential to treat these disorders besides the addiction because it can decrease the mental health-related stress and triggers, which can include the likelihoods of relapse.
Experimential Therapy Methods
Each patient will have their own needs when it comes to experimential therapy and during the sessions, they will be guided by the therapists through various exercises.
The recovering addicts will be able to let their guard down during experimential therapy, which will allow for an accurate evaluation with the patient for the therapists also to deal with the mental healing for addicts.
Co-occurring Mental Disorders For Experimential Therapy Treatments Include
- Intense sadness
- Anxiety attacks
- OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Eating disorders
- PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Experimential Therapy And Other Treatments Together
The main objective of experimential therapy is correcting the negative conducts of the addict that make damage to him, and for that is regularly combined with other psychotherapy methods. The skills that are taught in these practical environments are life skills that the recovering user will be able to apply later in life.
It's imperative to start whatever therapy scheme with a professional detoxification since abstinence from numerous narcotics results in unpleasant or harmful signs. When going through detox there are the alternatives to inpatient and outpatient treatments to make easier this whole process. Thereafter several therapies can be utilised in conjunction with experimential therapy in order to provide proper treatment for the individual through the recovery process.
Experimential therapy is quite often used along with traditional techniques of rehab and helps to create a comprehensive treatment program for the recovering addicts.
Regular Strategies Utilised In Experimential Therapy Include
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Utilising horses is a part of EAP or Equine Assisted Psychotherapy throughout the healing recuperation activities.
- Patients won't ride steeds, yet they will prep, nourish, bridle and walk them all through the session.
- The diverse ways recouping addicts collaborate with the steeds can uncover bits of knowledge about their enthusiastic and mental states.
- EAP is helpful for recovering addicts to process their negative feelings or traumas which they may not recognise or address in other situations.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- EMDR is a treatment where in the users envision an agonising circumstance whilst a counsellor guides them by particular movements of the eye.
- To aid patients to redeem from feelings that make them use drugs, EMDR is a known efficient method.
- Adventure Therapy
- This treatment comprises of exercises in open areas like trekking, cycling, mountaineering, setting up camp, and rafting in wild waters.
- Adventure based therapy aids recuperating users create private accountability, analytical abilities, as well as knowledge in communicating whist functioning in a team environment.
- Art Therapy
- Music and art allow the addicts to show their thoughts and feelings so they can heal, this is how art therapy works.
- Recovering users can process negative emotions and other sources of stress in a healthier way by creating art.
Get The Full Treatment You Need
We can help you to find an addiction treatment program that will be just right for you. Some centres for drug rehab specialise in experimential therapies with obstacle courses, rock climbing walls and art studios within their premises. You will find what you need to defeat your addiction in many rehab centres through the whole nation call us on 0800 246 1509.