Get Addiction Therapy
There are various steps you can take to gain victory over your dependence on drugs and form a plan to maintain sobriety. You don't need to be told how deadly this ailment can be if you are a victim of drug or alcohol abuse. When a user accepts they can't manage their addiction by themselves then it is time for them to seek help from a professional counsellor.
Contact us on 0800 246 1509 in case you need assistance to find a therapy program that offers addiction counselling services that are perfect for you.
Addiction therapist plays a key function in speeding up the healing process of patients; this is why they are very significant in this treatment program.
Check-up log and your personal therapy scheme can be arranged by the therapist to enhance your recovery. There are many kind of treatment available whilst in care that will offer a range of advantages and let you continue your sobriety while in recovery.
How Does An Dependency Therapist Help
To obtain assistance in recognizing possible stimulants and how to develop periodic schemes for your recovery, you will quickly remember how you suddenly turned to an addict with the help of your therapist.
The therapist role is very essential in treating admitted and nonadmitted patients whether as a set or one-on-one form.
Group treatments are best handled by addiction counsellors through engagement of patients family members and other addicts in participation.
Group therapy can cause dialogues about family dynamics and how undesirable relationships can develop or feed into habit-forming manners. The addict now has a platform to base his recovery the moment he identifies what triggered the addiction.
The work of Addiction Counsellor include
- Provide patients who are under medical care with moral aid to facilitate their recovery.
- Conducting personal sessions to educate the patient on how the addiction happened and what to do to recover.
- The addict is tested for drug use from time to time.
- Specialised treatment plans formed from individual needs.
- Depending on the viable treatment scheme, check-up plans are produced for patients.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Qualities Of A Good Dependency Counsellor
Any adviser creates a proper therapy plan for every patient as he is skilled in this area. A good counsellor listens to the patient with understanding to determine cause and action.
One of the significant and most important aspect of the meeting between the advisor and patient, is the first stage, this should be the best time for the adviser to establish a good relationship with the victim.
Having established an environment of trust and understanding, it makes easier for the patient to openly discuss anything about his situation. Understanding the background of the patient assists the counsellor to steer recovery program to desired outcome. In another development, the counsellor is able to pinpoint pitfalls that could derail full recovery progress
The counsellor identifies other underlying emotional or mental issues and treats them to avert complications. Completely recovery is what any good advisor should be interested in, this is the most vital attribute of a good therapist.
Types Of Therapy Accessible
The old method of applying psychotherapy has been taken over by the new method; these new options are of diverse forms. Based on the therapy facilities, we have;
- Neurofeedback Therapy
- The muscle state, heartbeat and blood pressure are examined with technology used by the addiction counsellor on patients.
- This prepares the patient on how to control brain activity in order to achieve some command over their mental procedure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- This allows the patient to be aware of his or her thoughts and actions that lead to certain behaviours.
- Over the use of CBT, a counsellor can assist patients to recognize triggers that cause drug or alcohol use and then replace those reactions with healthy ones.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- In rehabilitation centres, DBT is utilized to determine the psychosocial factors of the addiction and empower the patient to deal with stresses such as peer pressure.
- Boosting self-esteem, the patient's improved self-image also enhances communication and relationships around him/her.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- Understanding what causes addiction, coping with stressful situations, and the use of some methods to calm the body are what these healing programs are all about.
- Keeping the patient calm to know the exact root of the addiction problem is the main purpose of this treatment method.
- Holistic therapies
- Holistic treatment facilitates recovery together with traditional methods that encourage patients to draw strength from within.
- The hidden problems and feelings of the patients are disclosed through this means unlike the traditional treatment method that somewhat make it hard for them to disclose their hidden problems.
- Art therapy, yoga and equine therapy are some types of treatment measures that can be utilized in drug abuse cases.
High quality treatment centres provide additional types of therapies which treat the whole problem, with the end result in guiding the patient into a lasting recovery.
Why Do I Need Dependency Therapy
As a patient, you may not feel at ease in sharing your shame and other embarrassing thoughts and experiences to a stranger.
However, with trust on the counsellor and the commitment to getting well are things that you need to do to enable the treatment program to work for your full recovery.