Drug Addiction In College Campuses
Common problems on college campuses which are noticed are binge drinking, prescription and recreational drug abuse that is popular.
One of the bigger groups of substance addicts countrywide are college pupils.
The probability of drug dependency is very high in teenage years.
Many pupils suffer social anxiety when first going to college. Socializing is eased with the consumption of booze therefore making alcohol an attractive invitation. A good number of pupils falls into dependence of drugs and booze after these become part of a habitual form of enjoying life.
Students who are attending college full time have a two times greater risk of alcohol or drug addiction than their counterparts who don't go to college.
Reasons Why College Pupils Revert To Drugs
There are many reasons why so many college students become addicted to drugs and alcohol
- Many students are unable to manage various demands, like studying, working part-time, completing their internship program, and socializing, and start using drugs to escape stress.
- Assignment Burdens
- A large number of students turn to stimulants, like Adderall, so that they can work for longer hours at a stretch to submit assignments on time.
- Most of these substances tend to be found with no proper prescription.
- Urge To Experiment
- College students, because of their young age and fewer responsibilities want to try out new things.
- Trying drugs is part of these new phases.
- Peer Pressure
- Students who are part of a peer group in which many people use recreational drugs are more susceptible to use drugs.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Eating Abnormalities And Dieting Pills In College
Unhealthy eating behaviours are more likely to form among college pupils.
25% of all college students struggle with an eating disorder as specified by the National Institute Of Mental Health. To make the matters worse, the incidence rate of eating disorder among students is increasing, as shown by a study which concluded that in the last twenty years, the number of cases of a specific eating disorder has increased, both in men and women. Peer pressure and low-self esteem among college students drive them to pop dieting pills to lose undesirable weight easily. Some of these drugs have severe effects such as death. Learn about diet pill abuse and eating disorders in college students.
College Drug Choices
College pupils try any type of drug depending on the latest tendencies.
There are some common drugs that can be found in nearly all the colleges. These include
- Most college campuses have to deal with heavy drinking.
- Having a drink is often believed to be socially acceptable and recognising a problem among college students who are abusing alcohol can be difficult.
- Another form of drug that is used mostly in colleges is Adderall because many students believe that it keeps them awake and they can concentrate on their studies.
- Many students are using Marijuana as talks about legalizing it are becoming popular.
- You shouldn't be surprised to see that it is being abused more than liquor.
- Ecstasy, which was very popular in the 90s, has started becoming popular in college campuses again in a more concentrated form, called molly or MDMA.
- The "party drug" is also used by the youths all over campuses, as they fall under the target age range for this drug.
- One of the most common party drugs is MDMA.
College Students And The Effects Of Alcohol
Alcohol gained its notoriety as the most popular and legally accessible substance among college students. Alcohol is always present in all the social gatherings in the colleges.
It is observed that the average college students consume more alcohol that their out of school counterparts which can be attributed to the culture and widespread use in campuses.
Booze is drunk by four out of five college pupils.
The Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism have reported that nearly half of the population in colleges indulge in excessive drinking. There are many problems that are associated with the excessive use of alcohol such as death and even dropping out of the colleges. Get more info about heavy drinking and the symptoms of booze on college campuses.
Greek Life And Misuse
There are many different fraternities in colleges, each of which encourages its members to have friendly relations with other members and to seek excellence in academia and other spheres, but Greek system, with all its good points, has more cases of alcohol and drug abuse than others.
Survey shows that fraternity and sorority members are more predisposed to prescription drug abuse (with Adderall being the commonly abused substance among them).
Seeking Assistance For Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Don't go through harsh times alone if you are a college pupil having troubles with heavy drinking, prescription drug overuse, or an unhealthy eating behaviour. You can trust our experts to assist you in finding experienced counsellors to help you get out of your addiction. Gain your life back from overuse and dependence by contacting us now on 0800 246 1509.