NHS Or Private Treatment?
Private residential facility is better treatment option for many people. Within just 24 hours admission can be scheduled. If you have private medical insurance or if you have money to pay on your own, you will be able to get into the private rehab treatment. There is as well a possibility that you get an NHS admission to a private rehabilitation centre.
Who Can Apply With The NHS For Treatment Funding?
Addiction treatment option should be accessible to all the UK residents which is free at the point of delivery through the NHS at community based rehab or private residential Rehab. You might be required to prove that you have sought local community-based rehab alternatives before to be able to apply for NHS funding at a residential rehab facility. Depending on the willingness of your local addiction team to fund your treatment accessing residential rehab may take a number of weeks.
You can find your local liquor and drug treatment centre through your GP.
Advantages And Disadvantages
- Treatment Plan are Flexible
- Fast admission - in some cases within a day;
- One-location rehab continuity of daily procedures and care;
- In most cases, the same doctor/employee will take care of patients during the rehab;
- We provide the environment and surrounding free from worries and issues where patients can concentrate on treatment sessions.
- Strong bonds are formed with therapists and other patients in the therapeutic community;
- Family visits, phone calls and letters are put in place for smooth program running;
- Complementary therapies like art therapy, equine therapy, gym and fitness are also provided.
- Aftercare agenda;
- Costs more than treatment on the NHS;
- Not covered by medical insurance in some cases.
- No payment required;
- Accessible to everyone;
- It's local and therefore closer to your family and home;
- Lengthy admissions process;
- May not be referred to residential rehab;
- In case of different treatments, patients may be asked to go to different clinics/centres.
- Recovery might be damaged by everyday problems and substance accessibility;
- There is a more limited access to personal therapist.
- You may not have the same staff or same therapist during your rehabilitation process;
- Creating an outpatient support network might be more difficult.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
NHS Elective Cross Border Treatment
Securing admission into residential private rehab clinics in UK through NHS or local community addiction services could take months and the outcome is not definite. But it is easy related to above case to achieve quick access to finance through EU cross border healthcare directives.
On the Alcohol Rehab Manchester website, UK based patients who wishes to take advantage of that option can find more information.